Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Are you Ready!!!

Hello fellow Lovers of HIS Presence!!!

I cannot believe how fast time has flown!  We have 4 days until we leave for Migliarino, Italy!! www.facebook.com/Migliarino-in-Gospel   Please make sure you 'like' this page on facebook!  It would be such a great encouragement to both the vocalists there and myself here.

Now on to this Tuesday's question:


Q: How do you prepare for your International Music Mission Trips?

A: This question will need to be answered in multiple sections.  There are at least 4 ways I prepare for the Music Missions Trips overseas. 1)Physically. 2) Spiritually. 3) Culturally. 4) Emotionally

     I will begin with physically. Physically, I prepare for my mission trips in 3 ways.  
     First, I find out from GTM Ministries www.gtmministries.com  and +Hanne Gallatin what the climate will be like and what kind of physical activities will be expected of me.  Once while preparing for the Czech Republic last year, my sister, Arnetta and myself, find out from our host that it would be pretty cold, hence, we packed appropriately.
     Secondly, I adjust and increase my exercise to fit the terrain.  Most hosts are excited about showing you historical landmarks of their country and this takes plenty of walking, so I increase my walking stateside to prepare.
     Thirdly, due to various health conditions, I meet up with my health care team to find out any concerns they may have and how to best prepare myself.  Some countries I know that I am not allowed to visit so I decline those invitations; no amount of physical preparation could fortify me for them.
     I praise God that since He has started me in this wonderful life work of International Missions and songwriting, I have yet to have a health issue in the countries which I have visited! For such a time as this He has fortified me!!!

I'm preparing physically for Italy by cutting back on certain foods and habits, so that I can enjoy the amazing food in Italy.  I've learned to trade the right now food pleasure for the authentic overseas delicacies I love to enjoy.

That's all for tonight! Love you guys!! Next time you hear from me it will be from Migliarino Italy!!!

Letting HIS love GLOW!!!

"Radiant"
www.facebook.com/Radiant.Marlo
twitter- @RadiantMarlo

NEXT WEEK: How I prepare spiritually for an International Music Missions Trip




No comments:

Post a Comment